01 December 2008

Ummmm....

So some wag put mistletoe up all over the Red Hill lobby (and elsewhere).

Charitably interpreting the perpetrator's intention, I can only imagine that their argument went something like this:

The telos of mistletoe is kissing and romance.

The telos of a PHC romance is lots of little conservatives.

The telos of a PHC mistletoe is lots of kissing and romance, which leads to lots of little conservatives.

Ergo, this must be a good idea.

Something about mistletoe being good for the soul was probably thrown in for good measure.

Now, don't get me wrong, like any good PHC student I'm all for the idea of lots of conservative little kids and the edification of the soul....but mistletoe? This smacks a little of desperation.

In the meantime, I'm taking comfort in the fact that it's plastic, therefore non-binding for us traditionalists.

But just to be safe, I will vacate my usual study spot in the lobby until after Christmas....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Plastic mistletoe*smacks forehead* does indeed sound like desparation