22 July 2008

Tagged...

By CDT Josten Cornett...



So in accordance with SOP for tagging, here is my contribution to filling the space on the internet.

Attached or Single? I’m very attached to my guitars, Geneva Bible, boots, knife, car, books, and military surplus gear. But I don’t think that’s quite what this question means. Assuming that it means my relationship to any given female, I’ll point out that even if I were married, we’d be one flesh, but whatever….I’m unmarried and not currently in a romantic relationship, if that’s what the question is asking. That doesn’t mean I’m available, though, as I am content in God’s provision and purpose for this time of my life. Does that answer the question?

Best Friend? My Saviour. And yes, I have close human friends, as well. ;-)

Cake or Pie? Pie.

Day of Choice? The Lord’s Day. Although Saturdays are fun because that’s when I do my ruck marches.

Essential Items? Bible. Water. Food. Knife. String/para cord.

Favorite Color? Black, navy blue, grey, and olive drab. Amazingly for a guy, I even have a favorite pattern: woodland camo. :-)

Gummy Bears or Worms? Both.

Home Town? Wherever Uncle Sam sends me…(military brat, remember?)

Indulgences?: Ummmm………they’re unbiblical. But God used them (in part) as the occasion for the Protestant Reformation, which occasioned a lot of stuff that makes me happy. :-)

January or July? January. I strongly dislike summer. I like taking walks in 20 degree weather with 30-knot winds….but when you step outside and start sweating like a pig just sitting there….no.

Kids?: Someday, Lord willing….

Like or Love? Ummmm….I’m assuming this has something to do with romantic interest…marriage (and all human interaction in the Christian sense) should be based on the biblical sense of love, not reactive “liking.”

Marriage Date? Ummmm…God alone knows. Unless my parents know something I don’t.

Number of Siblings?: I’m the second of 6. For my public school friends, that means I have 5 siblings (kidding…).

Phobias/fears? FRAGOs….change and spontaneity.

Quotes? “Are you for real, Cadet?” ~DS Salladay
“Eat like you’re motivated, Cadets” ~ DS Klebs

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~Winston Churchill

Ezekiel 36:22-32
Ephesians 2:1-10
John 10

Reason to Smile?: The Lord who has arranged the stars, guides the hearts of kings, and bounds the sea and nations is the same who clothes the flowers, governs the fall of a sparrow, and directs all things to the good of those who love Him.

Season?: Winter

Tag Six: The first six who read this.

Unknown fact about me?: If I were to make this known, wouldn’t it no longer be unknown? Why should I share it if I have not thus far? For that matter, if it is unknown, how would I know it? If I don’t know it, how can I share it?Not answering. The question is nonsensical.

Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals? Lifelong member of PETA. People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. “Vegetarian: ancient tribal term for the village idiot.”

X-rays or Ultrasounds? Ummmm….they have different purposes….

Your Favorite Food? The kind you eat….I have too many favorites. Steak, burgers, macaroni salad, and MRE cappuccinos would be among them, though. NOT MRE wheat snack bread. ;-)

Zodiac? Yup, I was the 7 man. I stayed on board the boat and helped pull the ropes to capsize it. Cool, huh?


1 comment:

AlreadyButNotYetResurrectedFallenMan said...

Lol... did you ever post your MASSIVE survey anywhere?