01 May 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged. But before I go into that, I want to share a wonderful new word that I discovered while reading National Review last week.

The word is "logorrhea." The context was something along the lines of "Bill Clinton made $50 million in speeches, which, when they're several hundred thousand a pop and the writer is logorrheic, isn't hard to do." Those who are acquainted with the rudiments of Greek may recognize in the first half of the word the root for a word that occurs three times in John 1:1.
And, yes, the meaning of the second half is what you think it is. If you haven't followed me thus far, look up this charming Neo-Latinism (or so says my dictionary, but the roots are Greek) and have a good laugh. :-)

Okay, so for my tag...
I was tagged by Miss Elizabeth Brown, from whose blog I copy the following instructions:

Here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir.
2.Post it on your blog, and include a visual illustration if you so desire.
3.Link to the person who tagged you in their post.
4.Tag five more blogs with links.
5.Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs inviting them to play.

My six word memoir is simple--and you should be amazed that I'm able to say ANYTHING in six words. That doesn't happen often.:

"But for grace, there go I."



The most striking thing about that painting by Rembrandt is that the man in the beret, depicted as helping to raise the cross, is the painter himself. Ah, "have mercy, on me, a sinner," O Lord. Oh, the depths of grace..."O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"



I hereby tag the following, with the injunction that they comply or face the everlasting wrath of...something or other. Anyway, I'm tagging

Michael K.
Shane A.
Ashton B.
Zach T.
ANNNNNNDDDD....

Mrs. Knipp!

I'll hand out the tags later...

In other news, my paternal grandparents and one of my uncles drove out here from North Carolina and have been here for the week; we went to the Old Market and an art community up in northern Omaha today. :-)

Oh, and I do have some news, too, but I'll write on that later, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um.... nope! :)

Colin said...

Very well, then...tagging Zach T. in your place. ;-)